Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13, 2016 Shepparton

G'day everyone!

This week was pretty interesting. A lot of stuff happened, but at the same time, not too much happened. I know that sounds like it doesn't make sense, but it does, I promise. 

So we had heaps of meetings this week! And in our zone, meetings are a big deal, because we have to travel for ages to get there. So my comp and I had MLC, a meeting with the zone leaders and stuff. So we had to go down to Melbourne for that. That was good. That was Tuesday. Then Friday we had Zone Conference, so we all had to gather at Wangaratta for that one. Then Saturday we had a District Conference, (like a stake conference, but for a district), again at Wangaratta, so most of the missionaries in the zone had to sleep over at other missionaries flats, which is only allowed with special permission, so we had to organize all of that and get permission from the AP's. Then Sunday we had the second session of District Conference, so another sleep over happened. Then on Monday we had an awesome meeting with the whole mission. Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy, Sister McConkie of the Young women's General Presidency, and Sister Reeves of the Relief Society General Presidency along with their spouses were there. It was awesome. But I'll tell you about that later. So we had to organize more travel using the least amount of cars and K's (kilometers) as possible, more sleepovers, and get more permission. We ended up driving so much. I feel like being a Zone Leader is more like being a business man than a missionary sometimes.

Anyway, the meeting was so good! Elder Nielsen inspired me so much. They all just talked about missionaries. Each of them had been a mission president/ president's wife before, so they knew what they were talking about. The biggest thing that stuck out to me from that meeting was from Sister McConkie's husband. He said that we as missionaries are living the dream and we should 
always be happy. "There is no room for unhappiness in the life of a missionary." I totally believe it! I am living the dream! Honestly, I have been looking forward to being a missionary ever since I was a little kid, and now I am finally living my dream! It is pretty amazing.

So about the area! We have one investigator preparing for baptism!!! His name is Gritharan. He is Indian/Malaysian. I actually haven't met him yet! My companion saw him on exchanges with another missionary, so he is doing well, but I haven't met him. His Baptismal date is the 25th of June! He is smoking though. He would have been baptized ages ago but he couldn't quit smoking. So today we are meeting with him and we are going to start the Stop Smoking Program with him. I am so excited!!!! 

Miracle Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it's a long story, but I'll cut it short. Elder Jeremia and I were reading about Abinadi and He said to King Noah that he had not finished his message. So Elder Jeremia thought of a former investigator named Crystal. He had taught her and she eventually texted and dropped them. But he felt strongly that we have not finished our message with her. So we said a prayer, called her, set an appointment, then said a prayer of thanks. I know that may sound pretty lame, but it was a total miracle! The Lord softened her heart. She was so keen to meet with us again! Miracle! After that happened, we felt so pumped to do more missionary work that we just wanted to go tracting! Too bad it was about 9:30 at night.

This has been an awesome week! I drove way too much, but this week we will actually be able to work in our area so I am really excited. 


See yous later!

Elder Calvin Chappell


This is me with an awesome dog, and this is a cow painted like a tiger. Shepparton has this thing with cows everywhere painted in funny ways. Kind of like Park City, Utah with it's Moose. I'll send more cow pictures next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment