Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 6, 2016 Melton

Good eventide everybody!

This week was a bit of a struggle. We were working really hard but
lessons fell through, people were not keen, and nobody came to church.
But weeks like that happen so no biggy! Next week will be killer.

The biggest thing that happened this week was a zone conference with
Elder O. Vincent Haleck from the 70. He is awesome. Man he inspired
everyone! Basically he spoke about how important our missions are.
They will shape our lives.

A quote from him that I loved. "you have been preparing for your
mission for eternity. You will be reflecting on it for the rest of
eternity. And you have 2 years to live it. So live it well."

There are heaps of Filipino missionaries here. More and more each transfer. Sorry I didn't explain the
New Zealand. Almost every Samoan/ Tongan in Australia lived in New
Zealand for some time. Everyone is from New Zealand. So the NZ accent
is all the slang. Heaps, sweet as, etc. They sound really cool. The
funny part is that they struggle to make the "th" sound. It comes out
as an "f". "one two free". I am not picking up that part though. Yes
Jaide's family is kiwi. (local New Zealanders are one of two cultures.
Kiwi or Maori)

I still love the missionaries from the MTC district. Since I have been here, I have
had Elder Bennion, Elder Albechtsen, and Sister Rhodes in my district.
Elder Bennion left, then came back to this zone. He is my zone leader
now! I got to see Elder Porter at a zone conference. I have only seen
Elder Wiser and Elder Wheeler once since the MTC. But that was awesome
when I did. I seem to see Sister Johnson at meetings a lot.


Have a great week.  Love you all.

Elder Chappell

Hmm... I don't really have much to say, so I'll spice it up with some photos.

This is me looking fly, and the new group of four in the flat.


No comments:

Post a Comment