Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 17, 2016 Melbourne

Guess what? Tomorrow is transfers! We got the news last night...

I am staying! Yay! (I knew that would happen, but that's still awesome.) But Elder Higham is leaving. Nooooooooooo!!! He is a great missionary and I am lucky that I got to serve with him for a grand total of 3 weeks. They were a good 3 weeks.

My new companion will be.......drumroll......... I don't know yet! I am going to be training a new missionary!!! Yeah!!!!! I am so excited. I feel like a was not as good of a trainer as I wanted to be with Elder Seifert and Elder Ching, so I am really glad I can do it again and be better! So I will be the District Leader in the City! Woot! I am so excited for this coming transfer. I am still getting used to the area but I am sure it will be fine.

So this week we taught a girl named Yuki. Yuki is from Japan, and she is a student here. She is so awesome! This was our first lesson with her and we knew of one member in our ward that was also Japanese, so we invited him along. His name is Shun, and he is also a student. He was just baptized one month ago but he passes the sacrament every week and always wants to help us in lessons. He is the man! We also invited a Vietnamese member named Tom, because Tom is awesome and the more the merrier. So the lesson was perfect. It turns out Shun and Yuki already knew each other! Yuki's English is really good, but learning the gospel in a second language is hard for everyone, so anytime she didn't quite understand something, Shun explained in Japanese, and it was so awesome. Tom bore powerful testimony as we taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we all felt the Spirit a lot! Yuki said the closing prayer and wants to come back on every day she has off of work! She felt it was too soon for baptism, but that's ok! Next time she will say yes. We are excited about her.

There's also a companionship of Sisters in this branch, and both of them are being transferred. So they have decided to give a couple of their investigators to the Elders because they are Men and it's easier for us to teach them. Their names are Julian, and Papo. But I don't know much about them yet. Details to come next week!

I am so excited to get my new companion and make him street contact all day every day!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

for real though.  Anyway, sorry for forgetting photo's the last two weeks. Here are some random City photos.
Sorry in a rush. I feel bad but only those photos this time... AAAH!
stress for transfers. But All is well.

 One random thing I have learned on my mission is that I never took advantage of temple square or the Salt Lake Temple or anything like that. So many members here have said it is their life long dream to go to the Salt Lake Temple or attend a session of conference or things like that. I hope you don't mind that I have told a few missionaries that after their missions if they want to visit Utah they could stay in our house :P

Love you Bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment