Sunday, October 9, 2016

October 9, 2016 Werribee

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey y'all. This week has been crazy! So I am with my two companions, Elder Togia, and Elder Fetuli. Elder Togia is Samoan and Elder Fetuli is Tongan. And I am American :) It is fun. Elder Togia and I had a day together first and we just get along great. We love to make fun of each other. In a good way of course :) and Elder Fetuli is great. He is a brand new missionary, straight from Tonga. We actually picked him up from the airport! That was the first time I had been there since I arrived in Australia! But I guess he was somehow on the wrong flight and nobody knew he was there until he eventually called his mom and said he had been waiting there for 3 hours, then she called the mission, and President Vidmar called his Assistants, and they called us and told us to go get him! So that was interesting being at the airport. But it didn't end there!

Last week we had MLC, and the Tasmania Zone Leaders always fly in for that. And for some reason, again the Assistants asked us to pick them up! (We are not even close to the Airport so that's weird, but yeah it happened.) MLC was awesome, and then we dropped them off at the airport again. So yep we are basically just the airport missionaries. That was fun! 

So with missionary meetings plus general conference, plus exchanges, I got to spend a grand total of one night in my own flat! The flat is small but good. It is super messy right now, because we have my stuff and Elder Fetuli's stuff out. Yeah we haven't even had time to unpack yet! How fun! But it will be great. 

The Werribee ward sounds great. I met a few of the members watching conference, so that was good. They missionaries here have been having a lot of success here recently, so I hope it just keeps going!

I don't know any of our investigators yet so I will update you later. I don't know if any of you remember, but earlier in my mission when I was in this Zone, we would hike a mini mountain every transfer as kind of a tradition. So this week we started it back up! That was fun again :) 

So that was basically our week! It was busy, and not really with the work, mostly with driving and meetings, so next week will be better :)

See you! 

Elder Chappell

No comments:

Post a Comment