Monday, October 3, 2016

October 2, 2016 Shepparton

Well hello everybody! This week was pretty exciting so I will just jump to the interesting stuff and skip the day to day.

Jana got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooo! 

So funny story, We were going to baptize her on Friday the 30 of September, but then she was sick, so we made it Saturday Oct 1. Then she called us on Friday night, and said she wanted to marry Neal right before the baptism. So... We organized a marriage and a baptism and they both happened Saturday! She was married at 4 and baptized at 5. It was awesome. The wedding was very much a small and simple wedding, but it was beautiful. The baptism was also small and simple, but that is was she wanted so it worked out well. 

So after the baptism we all went to an all you can eat Chinese place, (excellent choice), then we got a call from the AP's... Transfer news! So I am getting transferred! I am going to Werribee, so back down into the suburbs of Melbourne. It is actually the same zone as my first area. I am still a zone leader, and I will be with Elder Togia. (the 'g' is pronounced like and 'ng'). I don't know him too well, but I have met him a couple of times and he seems like an awesome guy.  So I am not totally sure where he is from. He is definitely Polynesian. I think he grew up in Brisbane though.   But here is the big kicker! We are going to be in a threesome with a brand new missionary! So we are team training! My 4th son! Yeah! I am excited. 

Oh the other couple we are working with is Adrian and Rebecca. They are doing great. They didn't come to church because they didn't account for the daylight savings time change. Oh yeah that happened yesterday.

I am really sad to leave Shepparton though. I love this area. I am also sad to leave Elder Van Wagoner, we became great friends in our short time serving together. But I am sure we will love our new companions and all will be well. This was the perfect way to end my time in Shepparton!

I love this work! It feels so good to see people like Jana change their lives. 

See you all later!

Elder Chappell

Here's the baptism. One good picture and one weird selfie

Here's Steakasaurus and a soccer cow. (I don't have a name for him.) Goodbye Shepparton!





No comments:

Post a Comment