Sunday, July 10, 2016

July 10, 2016 Shepparton

Everybody guess what day it is?  It's Hump Day!

That's right. This week I have my hump day, a.k.a. my one year mark. Whoa.


I really don't know how I feel about that. It's kind of a happy/proud
feeling, kind of a sad feeling, but mostly just a surprised feeling!
That's 1 Nineteenth of my life spent as a missionary! Crazy.

So transfer news is in, I am staying! Elder Jeremia is also staying!
Woot! We are happy to stay in Shepp. We are gonna smash this area next
transfer.  This week was good. We did a lot of organizing for transfers. We have
to organize all of the travel and everything for missionaries leaving
our zone or coming into our zone, which was only 3 swaps this time, so
that is small, but it still took ages to do it. I'll have to learn how
to do that.

Everyone here is telling us about shootings in America. It makes me
sad. But I am glad we live in Utah.

So this last week we decided to try to find all of the part-member
families in the branch. We have found 3 families that are really
promising! We may end up baptizing some 9 year olds. Also, our phone
has heaps and heaps of contacts in it labeled "investigator, (insert
name)" and we have no idea who they are. Just some old former
investigators from previous missionaries. So we took a few hours and
just called every single one of them, and set many appointments! It
should be awesome!

We are still working with Neal and Jana. They have had some setbacks,
but they are working valiantly towards Jana's baptism. They just need
to get married, and they want to, but Neal needs to work out his
divorce papers with his first wife, so we are just waiting on that.
But then Jana will be baptized! Yeah!

This week all of the companionships in the zone were grounded from
driving. The last month they all went over their allotted Kilometers,
so we are all grounded. We were good and stayed in the limit, but we
still were grounded cause we are the leaders and need to be the
example. At first I was a bit sad about that, but then I got excited
cause I really like working on foot. I like walking.  We were able to
talk to heaps of people! Cause there's no Public Transport in Shepp.
It was good!

Have fun!

Elder Calvin Chappell

Pictures:  Elder Chappell with President and Sister Vidmar
and the Wangaratta Zone



No comments:

Post a Comment