Tuesday, January 3, 2017

January 3, 2017 Werribee

Since the last two p-days have fallen on national holidays Elder Chappell hasn’t written to us, which is so sad for this mom.  But I just found this note from a sister in his ward a few transfers ago, back in September.  It was a sweet note that describes Calvin very well.  We are so thankful that he is living and loving his mission well.  He is a good example of Christ!
Enjoy,
Cassie

Hello Sis Chappell, My name is Sis Stafford from Victoria where your son is currently serving his mission.   I had the great privilege of having Elder Chappell and his companion Elder Van Wagoner in my home for dinner tonight (back in September) and I wanted to thank you for the sacrifice of having your son so far from home and walking among strangers.  This is the fourth time that I have had your son come for a meal and each time I feel more uplifted and whole.   He and Elder Van Wagoner are such a dynamic companionship.   Their pairing is truly inspired.  They get on so well and make you feel so at ease and like you're the most important person in the world.  Elder Chappell is much more comfortable and animated with his new companion or maybe it's that he is feeling more settled, I cannot say, but this can be a very difficult area to serve but he is serving with spirit, dedication and enthusiasm.   I can see that he is destined to become one of my special missionaries.   One who has touched my heart in a very special and rewarding way.   He has also had an impact on my eldest son who was living here with me again until just recently.  My son turned 38 at the end of August and has been inactive since 1996. But since your son came he has begun reading his scriptures again and although he hasn't yet returned to Church he has acknowledged to several of his friends that he is a member of the Church.  The first night Elder Chappell came with Elder Jeremiah, my son came out of his room and sat with us during dinner instead of eating on his own in his room.   He is much loved by all of us in Primary and by our own very outspoken but treasured librarian, Sis Miller.   Your son is very special and bears his Priesthood with diligence, dedication and humility.  Be assured that he is walking in the Savior's footsteps and he and his companion are wonderful in their commitment to the work.  This mother's heart is thankful for your love and sacrifice.  I'm not sure where Elder Chappell is now as there has been another transfer since Christmas and I am still away, but I certainly still miss him and think of him often.   He's a very special young man. I named him and Elder Van Wagoner 'the dynamic duo', they were such a hardworking and powerful companionship.  I wish you all a very Happy New Year and happiness always.

No comments:

Post a Comment