Sunday, December 6, 2015

December 6, 2015 Melton South

***AUSTRALIA ELDER CHAPPELL*** (this is for you Matt, Kanaue, Shadow,
and the rest)

Well right after I sent my email last week. Like, 10 minutes after,
President Maxwell called and asked me if I would train a new
missionary. I was kind of shocked because I just barely finished being
trained myself! It's like teaching someone how to be a missionary when
I don't know how to be one myself... So that's gonna be fun!

My new companion is Elder Seifert. Guess what? He's another
Philippino! He is actually from the same city as Elder Sifuentes (my
trainer). We are having a great time already. He loves to sing so we
just sing all day. We want to do a duet in Sacrament meeting.

So we are in Melton South now. (again). This is where I was when I was
with Elder Sifuentes! Deja vu all over again. I love it though! One of
our investigators is Taylah. She is living with her partner Stevie who
is a less active member. We have been working with them for a long
time, and she has wanted to be baptized from the beginning but she
couldn't because they aren't married. They couldn't get married
because of a lack of money and also some legal issues. But the Lord
has been preparing the way for them and has given them a miracle. They
are officially engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! I am very happy. They will be married sometime in
January and then she'll be baptized after that! Stevie is also working
on his W.O.W. issues so he can receive the priesthood and be a good
dad. Oh yeah, they are pregnant btw. They are going to be an awesome
strong family in the church.

Hey everyone! guess who's birthday it is on the 10th? That's right, My
amazing beautiful Mum. I will wish you a happy birthday now. Happy
birthday! I love you Mom. I am so thankful for everything you have
done for me. Elder Holland's talk in this most recent General
Conference about mothers has really touched me. I listen to it all the
time. He compares a mother's love to the love of Jesus Christ. I can
really see that that is true. Thank you for everything Mom.

So this area has just a few investigators. So we spend most of our
time trying to find new ones. It's fun. Next week we will probably
have like a thousand investigators. But if we don't, that's ok. Just
the trial of faith before the miracle! The miracle will come though.

Love you all!

Elder Chappell (the Aussie version)

This is my new proselyting outfit, courtesy of my Tongan Ward Mission
Leader Douglas Tui'onetoa. (jk we can't wear that proselyting. But I
will wear it when I come home)

This is me and Elder Seifert!


No comments:

Post a Comment