Monday, November 30, 2015

November 29, 2015 Melton

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood moooooooooooorning sweet world!
How is everybody?

So guess what? I am staying in Melton! Woot! I am super pumped for
Mary's baptism. I am very very thankful I get to stay.  All three of us are staying. 
They almost never leave three-somes. 

So this week was crazy! But before I get into that, HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TYLER!!!!!!! (3 days ago) 9 years old (and 3 days). Crazy crazy! I
hope you had an awesome day. And I hope the theme of your party was
super heroes.

I enjoyed a great Thanksgiving dinner and I hope you all did too! I
have so much to be thankful for and Thanksgiving helps me remember
that.

So here's a super awesome quote I heard recently. When somebody told
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland that they were "broken" and there was no hope
for them, he responded with this, "God loves to work with broken
things. He uses broken clouds to make the rain, broken ground to take
the seeds, broken seeds to grow the plants, broken grains to make the
bread, broken bread to feed the Spirit, and broken hearts to come unto
Christ." (paraphrased) I think that quote speaks for itself. That
gives me so much comfort. We have weaknesses so that we can grow.
Ether 12:27

So today is the last P day of the transfer and the tradition in this
zone is to watch the sunrise from the top of a mountain in the You
Yangs park. That was way fun! But when coming back, I, along with some
other Elders went off of the path for a "shortcut". I have always been
taught to not do that. But come on, I had to. It's so much fun! Anyway
we did end up losing our way, losing the path, and wandering through
bush for about 30 minutes. In all honesty, nothing bad happened and we
found the path eventually, but the principle is the same. It
(obviously) made me think of Kevin W. Pearson's talk, "Stay on the
Path". If you haven't read that one, read it. It's great.

So crazy story! Elder Babneau was in the hospital overnight Friday
night! He had an abscess that had to be cut out. They don't allow
visitors after 8 p.m., so they kicked me and Elder Deng out! It was
crazy. He was all by himself with no companion! We didn't know what to
do so we called our mission President. He said it's ok because it has
to happen but we got him first thing in the morning! He is all good
now. But that was an interesting night!

We had Stake Conference and that was awesome. Elder Dudfield of the
seventy was there. They announced that the Melton Chapel, which is way
too small for the ward, will be renovated and it will become a stake
center that can hold 3 wards. That was awesome. I am way excited. It
will be finished in a year so I might be able to come back and see it
depending on where I am serving. But it is just really cool cause it
shows how much the church is growing here. I love it.

Well here's some pictures! the You Yangs mountain view.
And our budget decorations.

I love you all! Have a great week and be excellent to each other.

Elder Chappell




No comments:

Post a Comment